2013-06-28

Ortsfamilienbuch of Wasserliesch Germany, 2nd edition

I just uploaded the 2nd edition of the Ortsfamilienbuch Wasserliesch, which includes lots of new introductory material and a clearer format for the entries. It is available as a PDF download for less than $5 US.

For several years, I've been transcribing the Ortsfamilienbuch into a PDF with linked entries. This includes all families documented in the parish registers from 1752 to 1899, plus supplementary information from the civil records.

The original Ortsfamilienbuch was prepared by Peter Kohns and completed around 1985. I've sought to maintain his information faithfully. He performed a valuable service to all researchers, and his work is much more conscientious than others who have prepared similar documents for other German towns.

My first work has focused on transcribing the full entries for my direct ancestors and the extended families that were formed by the siblings of my ancestors. The publication linked here is that state of the transcription.

I'm currently expanding the introductory material and also expanding the transcription to include the husband, wife, and children of each marriage listed in the original document. Unfortunately, I have not included much more than their names. I don't have a guess on when the expanded transcription will be available.

Please leave a comment if you would like to see a specific family in the next edition. (I moderate all comments, so am guaranteed to see what you need.)

© Thomas G. Kohn, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment