You can review the actual pages written by the census enumerator in this view, but you can also copy the pages to your computer. (This is downloading the file.) I suggest downloading the file so you cam work without using the NARA computer resources and so you have your own copy of the census record.
- Selectfor one of the EDs you've jotted down.
- Place your pointer on, and a small window pops up.
- Click on the Image box, and select All images.
- Select , and you are asked to type the words in the security image.
- Click in the answer box, and type the words.
- Selectagain. (If your answer is incorrect, you can use steps 4 and 5 several times until your answer is correct.)
- If the download is successful, you may see the file listed by your browser window. (This depends on your browser and its settings.) For example:
- Repeat steps 1 through 7 for any other EDs you want to download.
- Go to the next blog post, which guides you in placing the downloaded files on your computer.