|1940 Census welcome page|
- Go to the website for the 1940 census. To do this, select this link to the 1940 census. I have set the link to open the census in another window, so you can follow these steps while you find your first records. Just resize both windows and position them side-by-side.
- Selectin the three-color bar across the top.
- Make sure that the Browse tab and the Location circle are selected (as shown).
- Under State, open the drop-down list and select the state you want.
- Under County, open the drop-down list and select the county you want.
- Select at the bottom of the block.
In the next blog post, I guide you in choosing the correct EDs, and later posts guide downloading the whole ED and saving the downloads on your computer.